Wednesday, January 27, 2010

20 to life.

Although I am still not blogging as much as I would like to, I am thinking of my followers (7 and counting!) everyday...and I'm getting better! If I worked in front of a computer I would definitely post more (shorter) bulletins; however I know you are all getting used to this format, right? Feel free to take an intermission. Just make sure you comment.

I've been in quite a funk for the past week or so. I think it all started when my ipod decided to die on me; I feel as if I can't count on anything anymore. How could my ipod just die on me like that, after all we've been through? The miles we've traveled? The countries I'd brought him too? Ugh, Over it.

Work has been a continuous nightmare and is making me (more) insane. After work today, I went to the gym and decided to finish my workout by running the Ala Wai; which is exactly what I needed, it completely put me in check. I had not been on the Ala Wai for 'the 6pm workout' in a bit; I usually go around 9am when it is dead. I made myself get excited for little things which totally put life in perspective. I witnessed a car pull out of a spot and a girl in another car put her blinker on and slam on her brakes in less than five seconds; she had the biggest grin on her face. Her day was made and I can totally relate - that alone gave me hope. I then saw a robust girl running, I mean pushing herself to run. Home-girl was getting a great workout; I seriously wanted to cheer her on! I took solace in knowing that deep down she is working out because of the Biggest Loser! I honestly feel like a new person after my Ala Wai jaunt. It made me almost as refreshed as The State of the Union.

I watched Obama's Speech tonight and thought it was phenomenal. I am not saying this to suggest I agree with everything he said or that he is doing an amazing job; however I do think that this speech is exactly what our country needed. This was the first time in a while he has shown his set of bullocks! He admitted his faults and charted a great course for our country. His message of America not settling for second place is bi-partisan in itself. It appeals to every single American. It appeals to AMERICA. Wake up Nascar-loving, Palin-voting freaks....he has no malicious intent. (this is me assuming Palin voters know what the words 'intent' and 'malicious' mean)...my B! His message to Congress on bi-partisanship was right on point! His locker room coach tone should resonate with both sides. He reminded them that they are in LEADERSHIP positions! They need to keep their school yard shenanigans out of D.C.

That is if they were listening...did you notice how many people were on their crackberries?!....so gauche - It was the state of the union!!! Oh yeah, does any one know if Supreme Court Justices can't clap? That would makes sense...they just looked so weird.
...Speaking of Shenanigans...

I saw The Gift That Keeps Giving and Her Spawn on Oprah last week. I drafted my thoughts but they paled in comparison to my birth mother, Chelsea Handler's thoughts. Check out, Labor Pain , this is what Ma Dukes had to say about the Palin ladies:

Bristol Palin recently appeared on Oprah, via satellite from Alaska. The good news is that she's in Alaska. The bad news is that she's still talking about her baby.

Bristol told Oprah that she has made a pact not to have sex again until she's married. I didn't understand who she made the pact with. It seems it was with herself, in which case it's not really a pact, it's just a bad idea. See: definition of pact.

Sarah Palin also popped up on the satellite and said she should have talked "more openly" to her daughter about sex, and that her family has now "learned such lessons."

This baby doesn't have a shot. Isn't it enough that his grandma is Sarah Palin, or that his dad posed for Playgirl and hangs out with Kathy Griffin, or that his name is Tripp?

Going on TV repeatedly to talk about how your kid was a mistake is probably not great for the child's self esteem. A better name for this kid would be "20 to life."

...I mean how can I compete with that? Or should I say, why re-invent the wheel? Boop.

I hope you're all having a great 2010! We're almost done with the first month. I have lost 5lbs and am loving my new workout slash eating schedule. Oh yeah, I made a $40 bet with my friend Sean Suckalouskis-Brady (sp?), I need to lose 20lbs (15 more) by May, 1st. Completely doable. EZ is finally back from Iraq where he belongs! Everything, besides work, is going well...another day in paradise! Thanks for reading!

xR




3 comments:

  1. I actually just read about the Supreme Court silence thing at the SOTU. Traditionally, the Supreme Court is invited to attend but they are to remain completely neutral, meaning no standing and no clapping. That's why everyone's so bent about Justice Bush... oops, I mean Alito... shaking his head and saying "That's not true" when President Obama gave them his "shame on you". Alito is supposed to just sit there and shut the fuck up. Not his style though. Not his style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that "the gift that keeps giving" was herpes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should get an iphone, it would help you make posts spontaneously as an idea pops into your head and maybe you'd be able to support it with a pic. It also will hold your music and since your ipod just died...

    ReplyDelete