Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"What would America do without Fox News?" - S. Palin

I love the first few weeks of a new year; everyone is so motivated, eager, hopeful, regimented, and focused. I am the poster child of this. So far 2010 has been a great year. Been to the gym every day (almost), great new TV shows, and work has been pretty bearable. My year didn't really get exciting until yesterday when I learned Sarah Palin is now a Fox “News” contributor. What else could I ask for? And to think, it's only the second week of the year, bring on 2010! The only thing that may top this will be if Snookie becomes a spokesperson for Melanoma.

There has truly never been a better show than Jersey Shore. I could go on and on about how amazing it is, but think it goes without saying…To all you fist bumpin', Ed Hardy Shirt wearin' Guido and Guidettes out there: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! The greatest part of the show is when we get a glimpse into what I call, “The World According to Snickers.” She has such great insight on all the important things in life. "He is like my perfect guy. A total jerk off and a really nice guy; jerk off, nice guy...it's one in the same!" Though The Situation has priceless (lifestyle) advice - "G.T.L.", he is a little out there. Snickers on the other hand, she is legit!

...Speaking of legitimacy....

I had always known that Fox News is the most unreliable news source on the planet but I didn't think they'd be as bold as to say that Sarah Palin is a “Political Contributor.” I thought a news channel was supposed to be unbiased and deliver actual news. How can it be unbiased when the messenger is a well-renowned past/present/future/all of the above candidate in a party?

It's pretty much known that Sarah Palin is one of my favorite people ever; she truly is the gift that keeps giving. Bristol, the Couric interview, any other interview, Levi Johnston, The Bush Doctrine, her resignation, her BOOK, helicopter moose hunting, death panels, a view of Russia, Trip, Trap, Trigg, the whole lot of 'em - I love it all! The scary part is that my cynicism may actually come to fruition. Don’t get me wrong, a Palin nomination in 2012 would be amazing; however, what if she wins?! I know it's unlikely but I never thought Bush had a chance the second time. (The first election being debatable.) I always forget that my life between Hawaii and Boston is in no way a representation of how America votes...Wal-Mart and John Deere love her...and now that Fox "News" is in the mix....oyyy....

From now on, I am going to be careful what I wish for and just allow my sarcasm to be inferred....After I ask these questions,

  • Doesn't she have a thing against "Mainstream Media"?
  • Doesn't Fox pride itself on being #1?
  • ....I think Fox is pretty much a household name, some may even call it mainstream.
  • Doesn't Fox only shoot in NYC and DC?
  • What is she going to do when she leaves 'Real America'?
  • ....It's a good thing she got her first passport in '06
  • Did Fox and Comedy Central merge?

And that's all I have to say about that. Today.


....Back in Hawaii (not sure if it's 'Real America' but that's an issue unto itself)...

Waikiki is filled with pasty-assed Canadians this week; so annoying. They are very nice people but they lead me on and let me finish my whole shpeel before NOT committing. They are so cute in their Keens and sunhats though. I hope to God they have enough sunblock - you should see these people, they are borderline Albino. I am trying to think of any good stories from this past weeks work...Day to Day is the same...lots of annoying tourists and even more annoying Asian tourists. My niche is always with honeymooners (they have so much hope); unfortunately, this is the slowest time of the year for weddings. Now all I can do is wait for wedding season, eh?

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! I got to see Jimmy Buffett at his restaurant on Friday night. It was truly one of the best nights of my life! I learned from a drunk guy on Thursday night that there was a chance he was playing a few songs there on Friday. After a little research, a really nice waitress and manager, we were lucky enough to be the last four people allowed in. What was supposed to have only been a 30 minute bit turned into a near three hours of amazingness. It was was my Twelfth Buffett Show and may have been the best (so cliche) due to the venue and circumstances. The play list was amazing to boot. One could call it a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'...unless he comes back next year :p

In all honesty, 2010 is going to be great. I am looking forward to EZ getting back from Iraq, having visitors, and getting into a good routine...maybe losing 20lbs and maintaining a good savings account?? Hope you are having a great first few weeks...thanks for reading!! I promise to not go a whole week between the next entry. I still only know a few people that are reading (I'm sure there are millions), but please let me know comments, ideas, etc. Boop!


xR

2 comments:

  1. I got to sign up some stupid Alaskans today. On Sarah Palin day! Poetic, isn't it?

    BTW: I think you might need a post for your new internet friends explaining what exactly it is that we do. A little back story might help explain to the newbies why we're irritated by the pasties, fats, Canadians, and Asians.

    God bless the 27 yr old married and co-habs from the US and Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my stomach turned when reading that sarah palin might win...and that gw won...twice.

    ps...do you mind if i comment on every one?

    ReplyDelete